The first blur painting was done on a smaller canvas with just black and white oil paint and paint thinner. My process for the first piece was to just paint a face and then blur it later but as I rendered the face and let it dry I had to add more paint to certain areas and try to blur it. In not adding as much paint, I think it affected the look of the final product. In doing the first one I was able to realize that for the second painting I did not want to use the same blur technique. My findings from the first painting led me to realize that I needed to use more paint or find a different way to portray a glitch in using thin paint and layers. In the second painting I started out with a picture of reference from the film The Double. In this film there is a side profile view of a woman and there is an elevator button and a door. For the technological glitch aspect on the second painting I decided to use the screen that comes on a tv when something needs to be fixed like when it says "disconnected" with lines and so for the second painting after I used a lot of paint thinner and some black paint I decided to use a yellow paint and painted 'disconnect' on the middle on then added yellow horizontal lines. I think both of the pieces were successful in order to try and meet the requirements for the assignment however I think there is room for improvement especially in certain areas that I overlooked like the simple fact of using more paint. This assignment was challenging but was interesting to try and work through by thinking about the material and composition and technique.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog